1) I am very happy today that I have the opportunity to stand here to share God’s work with you all.
2) Truthfully, I have been back to Canada for six months now, but I was sick for the first four months and my children were working hard to take care of me. Now I am better.
3) Myself and Pastor Dan are very happy and are thankful to God for your church’s part in supporting our ministry from the beginning until today.
4) Pastor Dan and I did not choose to go to Thailand on our own. We were praying for God’s will and the leading of the Holy Spirit for many years. When we knew that God wanted us to go back, these were the goals for our ministry:
a. Evangelism (particularly to the youth and young adults)
b. Church Planting
c. Build leaders (leadership training)
d. Establish student dormitory
5) We have been back to Thailand for four years. In the first year we visited many churches in different regions of the world, including Kenya, Vietnam, Laos and Thailand.
6) In the second year, we decided to settle in Chiang Mai and bought a piece of land to begin our ministry. Pastor Dan became the pastor of the Friendship Church. At that time there were not many members and most of them were students. We also held four leadership trainings at our home. Most of the people that came to attend the training were leaders from Laos and Vietnam.
7) We worked diligently the past two years and established different groups within the church: the youth group and the family group. The youth group has Bible study every Wednesday night with about 10-20 attendees. The family group meets together once a month.
8) We taught the church members about tithing, unity, and loving the church.
9) Our male dormitory is far from the universities, we only have six students staying there. We tried to find funding for students who needs financial assistance. Thank you to your church for helping to sponsor two of our students. These two students are:
a. Sukulwat – Sukulwat (Nyaj) has been through a lot of hardship and he has many problems. He lost his father and his mother is poor. She could not help him out. Many times he wants to commit suicide. Since he came to stay at the dormitory we tried to get everyone to understand him. Now he is doing better and is helping the church with many things.
b. Thongchai – Thongchai is a new believer who we have brought to Christ when he came to stay at the dormitory. We help with scholarship because he has no money. Many times his friends feel burdened because they had to share food with him. Thongchai’s faith grew very fast. He is humble and hardworking. He does well in school, always getting 94-97% in his studies. He is almost done with his studies and he has been helping our ministry tremendously. Right now we are playing for him to pursue Bible College with the focus in English. Then we want him to learn the Korean language and to continue Bible studies in Korea. We want him to have a foundation in evangelism. We ask that you continue your support. The money that you are contributing is being for God’s great work.
10) Aside from teaching our church members to be self-sufficient, to give to God, to love one another, to be united, we also teach them to partner with other churches and to evangelize and help others.
11) Now God has opened our door wider and we became superintendents to over 44 churches. But there are much work to be done since these churches don’t have enough pastors. There are 44 churches, but only 9 pastors. We cannot do all the work on our own, but thank God that He works with us and shown many miracles:
a. The sick are healed
b. The possessed are freed
c. The bankrupt begin to become successful
d. The opposed have a change of heart
Through prayers the church and its members become more eager for God’s work. We believe that God will lead us step by step until his work and mission are done.
12) Lastly, please think about why you came to Canada. Maybe God allowed you to come here so that you would love God more, have more opportunities or expand God’s work throughout the world. Please continue to pray for our ministry. God has promised in Galatians 6:9 that if we not become weary in doing good and do not give up, at the proper time we will reap a harvest.
1) We received a monthly support of $1000 from the church in Thailand. However, this amount is enough to do all of God’s work.
2) We need a helper because we have a lot of work and we don’t have any help.
3) We have stopped holding leadership training for one year because we don’t have the budget for it, which also include transportation costs for the attendees.
4) We are still praying for funding for the female dormitory. If possible, we would like to build one in our property so we can minister to young female students.
5) We would like to build a retreat centre for God’s workers who are burnt out or discouraged. This retreat will be called Hannah’s House. This is a place dedicated to God workers to come rest, recuperate, a quiet place to pray and be encouraged. We need about $15,000 to build this retreat. Right now we have received $3000 dedicated to building Hannah’s house.
6) We are in the process of applying to become missionaries sent from Canada.